The online Master of Public Health (M.P.H.) is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH). All graduates of the M.P.H. program qualify to sit for the Certified Public Health (CPH) exam and may also qualify for the Certification in Health Education Specialist Exam or the Illinois Nursing Home Administrator License exam.
You'll be ready to take on career roles in local, state, federal and tribal health departments, corporate and hospital wellness programs, nonprofit organizations, educational institutions and more.
Health Promotion Specialization
The health promotion field is expected to expand by 16 percent between 2016 and 2026. Learning in the only online Health Promotion specialization in Illinois, you’re expertly prepared to help people and communities choose a healthier lifestyle and prevent diseases as you master the skills to design, conduct and evaluate health promotion educational programs and policies.
Prepare to sit for the Certified in Health Education Specialist (CHES) exam and pursue roles such as patient educator, program or division director, community engagement specialist and community health program specialist.
- Credits Required: 45 credit hours.
- Cost Per Credit Hour: $650 per credit hour.
- Time to Completion: Full-time students can complete their degree in as little as two years.
- Program Modality: All courses are taught 100 percent online.
- Specializations: Health Promotion, Health Services Management.
- Certifications: Both MPH specializations prepare you for the Certified in Public Health (CPH) Examination, given by the National Board of Public Health Examiners (NBPHE).
- Health Promotion Specialization: Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES) examination given by the National Commission for Health Education Credentialing Inc.
% Online100% Online
Program Accreditation & Licensing
Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)
School Accreditation & Licensing
Northern Illinois University is accredited by:
Higher Learning Commission (HLC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA2.75 or above (4.0 scale)
Admission TestsProof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Statement of Purpose/Intent