Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
Northern Arizona University
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program prepares students to deliver primary care to underserved rural populations. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Nursing theory
- Evidence-based practice
- Rural theory and health policy
Graduates are eligible for state certification in Arizona, for application for prescribing and dispensing privileges in Arizona, and for application for national certification as a family nurse practitioner.
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing from an accredited program or an associate’s degree in nursing from an accredited program with a bachelor’s degree in another field.
- 3.0 GPA in all nursing coursework.
- Current RN license in good standing to practice as a registered nurse in Arizona, or eligibility to obtain an Arizona license, or meet the Arizona Board of Nursing regulations regarding multistate licensure.
- 3 letters of recommendation.
- Prerequisites: Completion of an undergraduate introduction to statistics course from a college or university with a grade of “C” or better, or a Pass; Another option is completion of a graduate course in statistics, passed with a “B” grade or higher, and completed prior to enrollment in NUR 530.; Completion of undergraduate courses in nursing research (didactic) and public health nursing (didactic and clinical) with grades of “B” or better.
- IVP Fingerprint clearance card.
- Clinical Health Requirements.
First enrolling students in 1899, Northern Arizona University’s main campus is located in Flagstaff, along with more than 30 satellite campuses throughout the state of Arizona. NAU is a four-year, public university with educational programs ranging from undergraduate certificates and bachelor’s degrees to master’s degrees, postbaccalaureate certificates, and doctoral programs. NAU Online offers a variety of eLearning options.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.