Northern Arizona University offers an online Graduate Certificate in Teaching Introductory Community College Mathematics. The degree is designed for students who desire to learn more about how community college students can learn math principles to help advance their degree and career outlook. This program offers a strong background on teaching math to this age group.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 3.0 or the equivalent
- Must have completed at least 23 hours of undergraduate mathematics and statistics coursework at the level of calculus and above with a grade of C or better, and have at least a 3.0 GPA in these courses
- These 23 credit hours cannot include the teaching methods courses and must include Calculus II, Foundations of Mathematics, and at least 9 hours of upper division proof-based coursework (including Foundations of Mathematics)
- List of courses taken in the field with titles/authors of textbooks used
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission