The online Associate of Health Information Technology program is where healthcare meets the cutting edge of technology and contributes to the quality of care by collecting, analyzing, and reporting health care data. The curriculum teaches knowledge of diseases, treatments, computer systems, privacy and security, and organizational skills. Typical careers include coding specialists, release of information specialists, health information technicians, insurance/business specialists, reimbursement coordinators, data quality and integrity monitors, privacy and/or security officers, data analysts, and HIM supervisors.
An internship is required.
- High school transcript or equivalent
- Accuplacer or ACT scores
- Two semesters in high school, or one semester in college of Biology, or equivalent, with a grade of "C" or better
- Typing proficiency of 30 words per minute
- High school or college GPA of 2.6 or higher, or a satisfactory academic skills assessment score
- Caregiver background check
Commission on the Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission