The English as a second language (ESL) specialization provides a strong base in assessing the skills of diverse students, designing bilingual instruction for others involved in ESL teaching and learning, and conducting research to advance the field of ESL. This specialization can help you:
- Develop the ability to build successful programs to support those who are learning English as a second language
- Assess the skills of diverse students
- Design bilingual instruction
- Admission to the Certificate program requires a conferred master's level degree or higher from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution
- Send your official transcripts from other schools you attended
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).