Find out more about Northcentral University

Receive more information about

Doctor of Philosophy in Education / Sport & Athletic Management

Program Details

The Doctor of Philosophy in Education (PhD-Ed) program is suitable for students who want to combine a strong base of theoretical knowledge with an individualized focus to conduct research in and about PK-12, postsecondary and adult learning environments. 
PhDs in Education are found in many different roles in academia, industry and not-for-profit organizations, including educational consultant, academic researcher, policy maker, educational theorist, and faculty member or administrator in a higher education or organizational setting. Students pursuing the PhD in Education have the opportunity to customize and focus their program through their coursework, doctoral research courses and the doctoral dissertation.
If you are looking to increase your knowledge and leadership expertise in the fields of sports management and athletic administration, the PhD in Education with a specialization in Sports Management at Northcentral University may be for you. This specialization combines science-based academics, research methods, and real life experiences and practical application with an emphasis on the ever-changing financial, legal, political and marketing concerns within the collegiate athletic environment.
As a PhD in Sports Management graduate, you will have a deep understanding of compliance, Title IX, legal aspects, and advisement programs for the student athlete, and will be prepared to conduct research exploring working problems within the profession in order to discern solutions, and build an understanding of educational theories related to this field.


  • Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy in Education requires a conferred post-baccalaureate master’s degree and/or doctoral degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution

Accreditation & Licensing

North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission,Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission


This degree is not authorized for residents of Arkansas.