With NCU’s online PhD in Instructional Design, you’ll be prepared for senior roles in various educational settings. From nonprofits to large corporations to traditional brick-and-mortar institutions, your studies will culminate in a dissertation that exemplifies your expertise in complex project design across all industry sectors. You will directly contribute to the existing body of knowledge in education, through your research, theory and practice. This online PhD-ID program aligns with objectives established by the IBSTPI (International Board of Standards for Training, Performance and Instruction), the ATD (Association of Training and Development) and the AECT (Association for Education Communication and Technology). This knowledge incorporates planning, analysis, universal design, development, implementation, and evaluation among other topics. Specialization classes include:
- Collaboration of Design Processes and Products
- Advanced Simulations, Games and Mobile Design
- Innovation in Learning Experiences
- Admission to the Doctor of Philosophy in Education program requires a conferred post-baccalaureate master’s degree and/or doctoral degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution
- Send your official transcripts from other schools you attended
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).