This online PhD-BA focuses on the dynamic field of Health Services. With an ever-changing regulatory environment that brings limitations and constraints to health systems, leadership in this field requires strong management. You can gain enhanced leadership skills to resolve contemporary challenges in the delivery of patient services with this NCU online doctorate. You’ll learn to lead teams, projects and processes to achieve efficiency and maintain quality. Under the guidance of expert faculty, you’ll prepare a dissertation that focuses on business theories and best practices in your healthcare service area, whether it is a local long-term care facility, outpatient surgery center, or nationwide system. Specialized classes within this program, usually include:
- Healthcare Industry and Financial Management
- Advanced Concepts and Applications in Health Policy and Management
- Healthcare Strategic Management
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).