Advance your law enforcement, public safety or emergency/disaster response career with this online MPA in Homeland Security. You’ll learn the various facets of public administration that include citizens’ rights, community problems, responsibilities of public officials and bureaucracy within organizations. Alongside this, Northcentral’s dedicated faculty will guide you through specialized coursework to prepare you for leadership roles in homeland security. You’ll learn, as a senior manager, to prepare for disasters with appropriate response and recovery plans that integrate budgetary rules, HR and critical issues. The curriculum culminates with a capstone project, following completed coursework such as:
- International Crime & Terrorism
- Homeland Security Risk Management
- Public Budgeting & Finance
- Quality Management in Public Administration
- Conferred bachelor’s and/or a conferred master’s or doctoral degree from a regionally or nationally accredited academic institution
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).