Through scholarly research, this online PhD-BA is intended to prepare you for leadership roles within local, state or federal government. With this Public Administration specialization from Northcentral, you’ll gain a solid foundation of the current trends in management, as you learn to evaluate programs from a contemporary viewpoint. You’ll focus on the strategies that you can develop for your team to meet complex challenges in government head-on. You’ll be guided by expert faculty in the field and benefit from Northcentral’s unique 1:1 online learning platform, as you write your dissertation and work through courses, such as:
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Public Budgeting and Finance
- Technology in Public Administration
- Human Resources Management In the 21st Century
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).