This online PhD-BA, offered by Northcentral, is intended to prepare individuals for business leadership roles. Through research and a newly gained, in-depth knowledge of management information systems, you’ll write and defend a dissertation that becomes a viable contribution to the theoretical body of business knowledge. You’ll delve into the principles and tools to create maximum organizational efficiency through MIS. At NCU, you’ll benefit from a unique 1:1 learning environment with faculty mentorship, as you work through the curriculum. Relevant electives within this online MIS may include:
- Database Management Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Telecommunications Management
- Local Area Networks
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).