As a research-based program, this online PhD-BA in Applied Computer Science can help you form advanced technological and leadership skills. At Northcentral, you’ll be guided through your coursework and dissertation preparation by top-notched faculty that are engaged in your success. You’ll research an area in computer science and business with the goal to enhance the current field of knowledge. After working your way through this curriculum and defending your dissertation, you’ll be armed with the knowledge and expertise to give your organization a competitive edge through coursework such as:
- Advanced Topics in Management Information Systems
- Software Engineering Fundamentals
- Enterprise Network Architecture
Requires 60 credit hours for degree completion.
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).