This online DBA focuses on research engagement to advance practice in the field of Management Information Systems. At Northcentral, you’ll focus your dissertation on the latest trends in technology used in the contemporary business environment. Coursework examines business practices and theory, as you prepare for executive leadership roles in todays’ global market. NCU’s online platform offers a unique 1:1 learning environment where you are guided and supported by faculty mentors. Specialized classes within this online MIS DBA, usually include:
- Database Management Systems
- Management Information Systems
- Telecommunications Management
- Local Area Networks
Must have a conferred master's degree from an accredited academic institution. In addition, there are two options for entry:
- Direct entry: Master’s program must be in a generalized business area such as business management or business administration OR a specialized business area (e.g., Master of Finance, Master of Human Resources Management) AND an undergraduate degree in business
- Evaluation track: Individuals not meeting the direct entry requirements must have their transcripts evaluated to determine if previous coursework meets some or all of the Standard Curriculum requirements.
Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
School Accreditation Statement
NCU is a WSCUC accredited institution. WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), 985 Atlantic Avenue, Suite 100, Alameda, CA 94501, 510.748.9001, www.wscuc.org. WSCUC is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council on Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).