Become a leading designer in your field, with this online Doctorate of Design from NC State. You’ll learn the latest in applied design and innovation, building your transformative expertise through research. All of the curriculum in this program is available online, however students are expected to attend a week-long workshop that is held on the Raleigh campus each semester. This online DDes follows a sequential curriculum intended to nurture original research in your area of expertise or a combination of areas, with coursework such as:
- Case Study Analysis in Design
- Interdisciplinary Issues in Design Research
- Design Practice Leadership & Ethics
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
North Carolina State University at Raleigh is accredited by:
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationMaster Degree
Admission TestsGRE, Proof of English Language Proficiency (International Students)
Official College Transcript(s), Portfolio, Recommendation/Reference Letter(s), Resume/CV, Statement of Purpose/Intent
- This program requires a week-long campus session per each semester.
- Minimum of a master's degree from a design, fine arts or related program is required.