The online MA in Pre-Elementary Education degree program from Norfolk State University, primarily designed for teachers with certification in Pre-Kindergarten through Fourth Grade, is an interdisciplinary program which focuses on assessment and intervention for high risk children and family involvement in programs for young children.
The MA in Pre-Elementary Education also offers a Licensure in Special Education Early Childhood Birth-Age 5 focus.
- Requires 42 credits for completion
- Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university, or equivalent
- Minimum overall undergraduate GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale)
- Three letters of recommendation
- Official copy of transcript(s) from each college and/or university attended
- Personal statement of professional interest and goals
Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP)
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges