Master of Science in Nursing
The online MSN degree program from Nicholls State University prepares students to assume leadership and advanced practice roles such as hospice nurse, critical care nurse, operating room nurse, medical-surgical nurse, oncology nurse, flight nurse, pediatric nurse, labor and delivery nurse, community health nurse, and mental health nurse. Students may choose from three specialty concentrations based upon their personal interests and professional goals:
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Nursing Education
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Semester Credit
In State Rate:$385.00
Out of State Rate:$385.00
Additional Fees :$1,139.46
Fees Overview :
- Education Support Fee (per credit): $27.13
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$17,309.46
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$17,309.46
Required Admission Tests:GRE
International Students Accepted:Yes
- Evidence of a baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited undergraduate nursing program.
- Evidence of a valid, unencumbered Louisiana Registered Nurse license.
- All transcripts.
- A current resume.
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for last 60 undergraduate hours of required nursing degree courses, as indicated by a transcript.
- A minimum GRE formula score of 1,200 (150 x cumulative GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours + GRE General Test [verbal and quantitative] scores) if taken prior to August 1, 2011 OR obtain a minimum GRE formula score of 340 (20 x cumulative GPA on last 60 undergraduate hours + GRE General Text [verbal and quantitative] scores) if taken after August 1, 2011. The last 60 undergraduate hours must pertain directly to required nursing degree courses.
- Completed a course in introductory statistics with a minimum grade of “C” or equivalent.
- Two Letters of Recommendation.
- A Letter of Intent/Purpose with rationale for pursuing study in selected concentration.
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.