Graduates from the online Human Services degree program from Niagara County Community College have found careers in a variety of settings and gone on to pursue four-year degrees. Trained Human Services professionals can help individuals facing trauma, family and relationship issues, addiction, and social issues.
Students will get an overview of the Human Services systems and social science research as used in the Human Services field. Classes examine topics such as professional ethics and the grief and loss process. Classroom learning is integrated with field experience.
Students can work in facilities such as:
- Early childhood centers
- Agencies serving the elderly
- Social services
- Alcohol and drug rehabilitation
- Health care agencies
- Residential care
- Community and government organizations
- High school transcript or equivalent
- College transcripts, if applicable
- Placement test may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education