The Advanced Standing master’s of Social Work degree program is available to recent graduates of accredited BSW programs who meet specific admissions requirements. Advanced Standing students can complete their degree in one year full-time.
The online MSW program from New Mexico State University emphasizes advanced generalist Social Work practice through both academic and field education. A special focus is given to learning about the needs of cultures and communities of the Southwest. Students outside of the state of New Mexico should check with their state licensing body to ensure the degree meets educational requirements for accreditation in their state.
Class topics for Advanced Standing students include:
- Policy analysis and change
- Advanced practice with individuals, groups, families, organizations, and communities
- Social work mental health practice
- Social work research
- Three letters of reference
- Statement of intent
- A bachelors degree
- Must be a graduate of a CSWE accredited BSW program in the past seven years
School Accreditation Statement
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission