Working professionals can advance to the next level of nursing practice with New England Tech’s online Master of Science in Nursing program. The Family Nurse Practitioner track helps students develop the skills and knowledge necessary to deliver advanced nursing care to patients of all ages.
This online nurse practitioner degree program prepares students to become leaders in health promotion, disease prevention, assessment, and management of common acute and chronic illnesses. FNP students learn how to care for diverse and underserved populations. Courses are taught by experienced nurse practitioners who are experts in their field.
Students gain skills in areas including:
- Advanced pathophysiology, pharmacology, and physical assessment
- Women’s health
- Primary care for infants, children, and adolescents
- Primary care for adults
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
New England Institute of Technology is accredited by:
New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Recommended GPA3.0 or above (4.0 scale)
Essay/Writing Sample, Occupational License, Official College Transcript(s)
- The program requires 1-2 on-campus clinical immersion weekends.
- Applicants should have a BSN degree or an RN license with a non-nursing bachelor's degree in science.
- Applicants must have an active, unencumbered RN license; American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers certification; and at least one year of clinical experience as an RN within the past two years.
- Specific prerequisite courses are required.