Coursework from the master’s in Performance Psychology can be applied to educational requirements for certification by the Association for Applied Sport Psychology. Performance Psychology encompasses the fields of business, exercise physiology, fine arts, military and combat psychology, and sport psychology.
Students will study theory, research, and applied techniques related to sport science. Practical hands-on learning experiences allow students to use their knowledge in settings including university and professional sports, fine arts performances, corporate settings, and children’s school and community sports leagues. Counseling skills gained from online psychology degrees can benefit working relationships with clients and athletes.
Course topics include the following:
- Counseling in performance psychology
- Behavioral research
- Motor behavior
- Ethics in performance psychology
- Stages of adult development
- College transcripts
- 2.5 GPA
- Applicants with a grade point average of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam
- Additional materials may be requested
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission