Master of Science in Special Education
Learn the knowledge and skills needed to successfully work with students who have disabilities and other special needs with a Master of Science in Special Education. This program explores the range of educational learning problems and applies the latest teaching strategies to enhance the performance of students, no matter what their abilities. The MS in Special Education is aligned with the Education Specialist Authorizations and standards of the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Students may obtain a California Teaching Credential in Special Education while completing their master’s degree (see completion requirements under Education Specialist in the School of Education's Credential Programs section in the General Catalog).
- Develop skills to be an effective educator and advocate for exceptional individuals
- Gain competence in instructional design, including adaptations required to help special education learners achieve state standards for the curriculum
- Learn the uses of adaptive and augmentative technologies
- Build competence in positive behavioral support
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
Open to California residents only.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.