The Master of Science in Cyber Security and Information Assurance (CSIA) is a professional degree for those who endeavor through technical and managerial measures to ensure the security, confidentiality, integrity, authenticity, control, availability and utility of the world's computing and information systems infrastructure. The program has a required core and a required specialization, which can be selected from some alternatives. The core is designed to provide a means of supporting the variety of backgrounds (both education and work experience) that those who wish to study this area may bring to the program. The core is also a statement of the knowledge domain that is common to most efforts in this area. The specializations provide for study in particular domains of knowledge within the field, which are also tied to communities of effort within the field.
- Explore threats to computer infrastructures and digital assets, and develop prevention and mitigation plans
- Examine the effect of technical advances and legislative developments on CSIA
- Specializations available in Computer Forensics, Ethical Hacking and Pen Testing, Health Information Assurance, and Information Assurance and Security Policy
Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.