Find out more about National University

Receive more information about

Master of Education with a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subjects Teaching Credential and Internship Option (California)

Program Details

Engage your passion for education and earn a master’s degree and teaching credential at the same time with the National University Master of Education with a Multiple or Single Subjects Teaching Credential. This program is designed for teaching students committed to instructional leadership in the P-12 settings. Courses meet the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) requirements for a Preliminary Multiple or Single Subjects teaching credential and meet the requirements for a master’s degree. A variety of specializations allow you to focus on particular areas of interest within the education field. Students who seek a master's degree but do not need the Preliminary Multiple or Single Subjects teaching credential, or those who already hold a Multiple or Single Subject teaching credential, should enroll in the Master of Arts in Teaching.

Program highlights:

  • Gain the knowledge and skills needed to make subject matter engaging and comprehensible for all P-12 learners, including those with diverse learning needs
  • Understand what it takes to plan, create, and maintain effective learning experiences for all students
  • Learn the legal, ethical, and professional standards for P-12 educators
  • Enhance your analysis and application of educational research, best practices, and academic writing to improve student learning


Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.

Accreditation & Licensing

Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission


Open to California residents only.