Master of Arts in History
The Master of Arts in History program provides graduate training in historical research and writing, ideal for a teacher who wants to go beyond a credential and earn a master’s degree. This degree will also prepare you for a career with the State Department, a teaching position at community college, or any career requiring advanced research, analytical, and writing skills. Courses will cover major theoretical, regional, comparative, thematic, topical, global, and epochal approaches to the research and writing of history. You’ll have the option to pursue one of two tracks through the program; one of advanced research, analytical, and writing skills, or a teaching track which exposes you to contemporary, cutting-edge debates in American, European, and world history.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Explore the relationship of fact, method, theory, and interpretation of historical accounts
- Investigate intrinsic ethical and professional issues in historical scholarship
- Evaluate and interpret history in a broad and nuanced manner
- Understand key theories and philosophies in a variety of historical subjects
- Conduct historical research that contributes to scholarly understanding
- Write sophisticated, informed, clear, and effective papers and websites
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$416.00
Out of State Rate:$416.00
Additional Fees :$100.00
Fees Overview :
Graduation Fee (One Time Fee): $100
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$18,820.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$18,820.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.