Master of Arts in Film Studies
The Master of Arts in Film Studies program will immerse you in the study of movies from theory to history, film genre to directors, and more. You’ll learn the critical vocabulary, tools, and research techniques to speak and write knowledgeably about both contemporary and historical cinematography. You’ll also develop an aesthetic appreciation of cinema and learn to evaluate film theory, aesthetics, and history. As part of your coursework, you’ll explore and learn to recognize works by both renowned and obscure American and international directors. This advanced course of study will prepare you to pursue a doctoral degree in the art of film, or to teach film studies at a community college, or to pursue other careers requiring advanced literacy and critical thinking.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Research and write in the areas of film theory, aesthetics, history, and individual American and international directors
- Critique films using film vocabulary, critical approaches, and appropriate research tools
- Evaluate the relevance and validity of different approaches to film studies
- Engage in informed critical discussion, both oral and written, of theoretical issues pertaining to the study of film
- Draft and submit a paper for publication in a scholarly or film journal
Delivery Format:100% Online
Tuition Basis :Per Quarter Credit
In State Rate:$416.00
Out of State Rate:$416.00
Additional Fees :$100.00
Fees Overview :
Graduation Fee (One Time Fee): $100
Estimated Degree Cost - In State:$18,820.00
Estimated Degree Cost - Out Of State:$18,820.00
International Students Accepted:Yes
Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.