Master of Arts in Digital Journalism
Modern journalism requires highly skilled news and communication professionals. As a new media student, you’ll learn to use emerging technology to satisfy the world's ongoing appetite for clear, accessible, and relevant news. As this program is taught entirely online, you’ll have the opportunity to network with other skilled news professionals around the world. You’ll be trained to work with a team or to act as a lone video journalist who travels to capture and share stories from just about any location. The program explores theoretical and practical approaches to new journalism as well as the legal ramifications and ethics of traditional journalism. During the course you’ll work with mentors in the field and will create your own electronic portfolio.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Build a foundation in journalism, story-telling, and reporting
- Use the Web to advance investigative journalism for research and presentation
- Create your own projects exploring public issues, events, and individuals
- Conduct polls and interviews; engage ininteractive audience research
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
Must hold a bachelor's degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university where an overall GPA of 2.5, or where a GPA of 2.75 or higher was achieved in the last 90 quarter units. Students with a GPA of 2.0 to 2.49 may be admitted to the University if they have a satisfactory score on one of the following tests: GMAT, GRE, Miller Analogies Test, or an approved, standardized program-specific exam.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.