Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science
As a clinical laboratory scientist, you’ll have the opportunity to conduct research, often using clinical trials, with the goal of improving overall human health. A Bachelor of Science in Clinical Laboratory Science from National University gives you the education needed for this role with the ability to complete your degree online and at your own pace. You’ll learn to develop methods, instruments, and procedures for medical applications and data analysis, and to prepare and analyze medical samples. The program includes all the necessary prerequisites for your application to the Laboratory Field Services Branch of the California Department of Health for a trainee license. After you successfully complete the CLS training, you can apply for the exam for licensure as a Clinical Laboratory Scientist.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Assess clinical laboratory practice and procedure by applying both technical skills and theory
- Identify problems in the clinical laboratory and develop a plan to mitigate them
- Explore the range of laboratory methods that include advanced analytics, immunology, microbiology, hematology, and molecular science
- Conduct research both to develop new treatments and to try to prevent health problems
- Produce written work following industry standards to document your findings
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.