Bachelor of Science in Allied Health
Supporting the efforts of physicians, dentists, or primary healthcare specialists is an exacting and critical job. The Bachelor of Science in Allied Health program will prepare you for success in this field. Coursework includes a broad-based foundation in global and national healthcare issues and trends, ethical and legal issues, health promotion and disease prevention, evidence-based practice, allied healthcare research, healthcare systems management, and healthcare-based informatics. You’ll gain the skills, knowledge, and values to advance in the allied health profession and to work in a variety of settings with diverse patients, families, and communities. As a graduate, you’ll be ready to take on a supervisory, management, or educational position that is key to the identification, evaluation, and prevention of diseases and disorders. You may opt to work in dietary and nutrition services or rehabilitation and health systems management. Whatever vocational road you choose, this degree will ground you in the knowledge needed to perform at the highest level and for the good of colleagues and patients.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Compare and contrast a medical model of healthcare delivery with a health promotion and disease-prevention approach
- Explore how a coordinated, comprehensive, and continuous team approach can improve treatment outcomes
- Understand the process of active participation in healthcare from a provider, patient, family, and community perspective
- Assess the impact of technology in health services
- Engage in culturally appropriate strategies and practices that respect the diversity of the patient and family regarding health
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.