Bachelor of Arts with a Major in Early Childhood Education
Early childhood education is focused on working with children eight and younger. As play is so important at these ages, much of early childhood learning is centered on play. As an early childhood educator, you’ll use play and other learning tools to address the physical, intellectual, language, emotional, and social needs of children. The Bachelor of Arts degree in Early Childhood Education (BAECE) at National University will ground you in the philosophy and practice needed to do this work effectively. The program is based on current theory, contemporary perspectives, and sound research. You’ll gain the knowledge, attitudes, skills, practice, reflection, and field experience needed to become an efficient, competent, and effective professional in the field of early childhood education. You’ll learn how to design appropriate learning environments, adapt curricula to your students, and develop teaching strategies and techniques to improve learning outcomes.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Develop positive relationships with and learn to encourage young children
- Develop oral, written, and technological skills for communicating with families and very young children
- Create environments that are healthy, respectful, and supportive
- Use observations, documentation, and other assessments to improve development and learning
- Understand the ethical, legal, and professional standards of early childhood education
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.