Bachelor of Arts Mathematics with a Preliminary Single Subject Credential (California)
The Bachelor of Art in Mathematics with a Preliminary Single Subject Credential provides a rigorous education that prepares candidates for a career as a teacher of Mathematics at the middle and secondary school levels. The program stresses foundation in mathematics and its application. This program prepares candidates for professional work as single subject teachers in a changing cultural and economic environment.
Program Learning Outcomes:
- Employ a variety of reasoning skills and effective strategies for solving problems both within the discipline of mathematics and in applied settings that include non-routine situations
- Use language and mathematical symbols to communicate mathematical ideas in the connections and interplay among various mathematical topics and their applications that cover range of phenomena across appropriate disciplines
- Use current technology tools, such as computers, calculators, graphing utilities, video, and interactive programs that are appropriate for the research and study in mathematics
- Employ algebra and number theory ideas and tools as a base of a fundamental language of mathematics research and communication
- Develop fundamental knowledge in geometry
- Model real world problems with a variety of algebraic and transcendental functions
- Use advanced statistics and probability concepts and methods
- Use educational technology to meet the needs of all learners including those with special needs linguistically and culturally diverse students
- Explain how to support growth in cognitive, social, physical and emotional domains
- Create a positive learning environment that ensures healthy human growth
- Utilize systematic observations, documentation, and other assessment strategies in a responsible manner to facilitate and account for learning and to support positive growth
- Design, implement, and evaluate standards-based lesson plans for learning and achievement in content areas
- Demonstrate professional standards and ethics
- Utilize different teaching strategies to accomplish the teaching and learning goals
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Program only open to residents of California.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.