The Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology from National University will give you a comprehensive introduction to the modern and growing field of psychology as it relates to sports and performance. A degree in sport psychology will prepare you for employment as a professional coach, focusing on performance, motivation, and the psychological benefits of sports and athletics. Throughout the program you’ll explore the reasons and factors that influence people to participate in physical activity and understand how a person’s emotions and mental state can affect athletic performance. Graduates in sport psychology can build a career in coaching or continue on to graduate programs at the master’s or doctoral level.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Explore trends in individual and team sport psychology
- Learn how psychological factors can influence performance
- Apply techniques to increase performance and reduce anxiety
- Examine the history of sport psychology and its role in contemporary psychology
- Learn how diversity and multiculturalism influence group interactions
- Apply psychological theory as a tool for effective coaching
- Learn sport and psychology terminology for effective speaking and writing
- Discuss legal and ethical issues in sports and performance enhancement
High School Diploma or GED required.
School Accreditation Statement
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission