Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology
The Bachelor of Arts in Sport Psychology from National University will give you a comprehensive introduction to the modern and growing field of psychology as it relates to sports and performance. A degree in sport psychology will prepare you for employment as a professional coach, focusing on performance, motivation, and the psychological benefits of sports and athletics. Throughout the program you’ll explore the reasons and factors that influence people to participate in physical activity and understand how a person’s emotions and mental state can affect athletic performance. Graduates in sport psychology can build a career in coaching or continue on to graduate programs at the master’s or doctoral level.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Explore trends in individual and team sport psychology
- Learn how psychological factors can influence performance
- Apply techniques to increase performance and reduce anxiety
- Examine the history of sport psychology and its role in contemporary psychology
- Learn how diversity and multiculturalism influence group interactions
- Apply psychological theory as a tool for effective coaching
- Learn sport and psychology terminology for effective speaking and writing
- Discuss legal and ethical issues in sports and performance enhancement
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.