Bachelor of Arts in Sociology
The Bachelor of Arts in Sociology program at National University engages you in the study of social life, social change, and the causes and consequences of human behavior. By applying research, theory and knowledge about social relationships, you’ll learn to understand the structure of groups, organizations, and societies. You’ll explore human relationships from those as close as the intimate family to those as broad as global interactions between nations. Sociology addresses many of the most challenging issues of our time. It’s a rapidly expanding field whose potential is often tapped by those who craft policies and create programs. Sociologists can assist in positive change by sharing their understanding of social inequality, patterns of behavior, forces for social change, and resistance and how social systems work. A background in sociology can enhance human interactions in just about any business or profession and provides excellent training for professions such as law enforcement, education, medicine, social work, and any field that involves investigative skills and working with diverse groups.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Learn to think abstractly, formulate solutions, ask the right questions, search for answers, and analyze social situations
- Develop strong analytical skills and the ability to understand issues from different perspectives
- Explore a range of research techniques to apply to various aspects of social life
- Understand the roles of individuals and groups within complex social constructions
- Apply major sociological theories to real-world situations, offering support and solutions for persistent social problems
- Identify the roles of gender, race, ethnicity, and class in social change at every level
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.