Bachelor of Arts in General Studies
If you’ve completed studies in a variety of areas, both academic and applied, a Bachelor of Arts in General Studies is a way to bring those diverse subjects into a cohesive degree program. The program is unlike most in that you won’t need to repeat coursework already completed to fulfill the requirements of an established program. This degree is an excellent choice if you aren’t certain which course of study to pursue, or if you’re coming back to school after taking time off to work or be with family and, in the interim, experienced a shift in academic focus or career goals. The general studies degree allows you to build on the studies you’ve already completed and use them as stepping-stones to a respected and rounded degree program.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Develop critical thinking skills and exercise them in scholarly discourse
- Develop strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in the mechanics of academic writing
- Explain the role of education in occupational choices
- Learn to discuss ethical issues as applied to research and academic writing
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.