Bachelor of Arts in English
The opportunities are broad when you pursue a Bachelor of Arts in English from National University. You’ll be prepared to join arenas such as the advertising world, the broadcast arts, or the rapidly evolving publishing world. You’ll also be in a position to pursue various writing vocations or rewarding opportunities in education. The English BA focuses on literary analysis, diversity and critical thinking, and explores a range of literature, composition, language, and linguistics along with communication studies. Communication skills are critical for professionals in just about any area of business, and a bachelor’s degree in English will give you a solid foundation for advancement in any field. Learn to discuss the major writers, works, movements, and periods of the British and American literary traditions. Assessing literary works can be both educational and a great pleasure, and if you’re interested in creative writing, you’ll find this a perfect path to pursue the Concentration in Creative Writing.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Evaluate the relationship of diverse voices to the evolution of literary traditions
- Analyze works of literature in the context of their histories and genres
- Learn critical ways to interpret literature
- Compose your own literary analysis using close reading, research, and writing
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.