Bachelor of Arts in Digital Journalism
Digital journalism is rapidly redefining the field of news and reporting; with this degree you’ll be poised to join the forefront of this leading-edge movement. Your studies will provide a solid foundation in traditional journalistic practices and theories and will also ground you in new forms of digital journalism. As a journalist you’ll be faced with professional challenges that require a clear understanding of the ethical and legal ramifications of newsgathering and dissemination; this course will explore those issues and more. You’ll learn the theories and methods for gathering information and writing for news beats, as well as developing investigative and features stories. You’ll also learn to write for different media outlets in print, broadcast, and Web-based formats like blogs and podcasts.
- Entire program can be completed online
- Understand the legal boundaries of responsible journalism
- Learn effective techniques for fact-checking information and stories
- Recognize what constitutes a newsworthy piece
- Differentiate the styles and forms of news and feature stories
- Write focused news and feature stories for various platforms
- Work with a team to publish online or print news
Degree Level: Bachelor
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Senior College and University Commission
High School Diploma or GED required.
Since 1971, National University has been dedicated to making lifelong learning opportunities accessible, challenging, and relevant to a diverse student population. As a nonprofit institution, National University invests in its students by providing them with quality educational instruction and learning technologies, superior faculty, and exemplary student services.
National University offers undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs from the following schools and colleges:
- School of Business and Management
- Sanford College of Education
- School of Engineering and Computing
- School of Health and Human Services
- School of Professional Studies
- College of Letters and Sciences
More than 70 National University degree programs are available 100 percent online.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.