Bachelor of Science in Nursing (RN to BSN)
National American University
The online RN to BSN degree completion program from National American University offers a flexible and practical way for RNs to expand their knowledge and prepare for leadership positions in a variety of healthcare settings. The curriculum builds upon the student's past education and experience, and graduates possess the knowledge and skills to:
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing, the arts, and sciences in the holistic practice of professional nursing
- Apply theory-based decision-making related to safe, competent, and culturally congruent nursing care to individuals, families, and communities in diverse settings across the lifespan emphasizing the concept of caring
- Critically evaluate and utilize relevant findings of nursing research in professional nursing practice
- Demonstrate professional values and behaviors consistent with professional standards
- Assume responsibility for ongoing professional development in an ever-changing healthcare environment
Degree Level: Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
This bachelor completion program requires 180 quarter credits for completion, including transfer credits.
- Nursing program requirements: 48 credits
- Admission to NAU before application to Online RN to BSN program
- Graduation from an associate degree program in nursing or a diploma nursing program
- Current active unencumbered RN license from any state within the United States
- All nursing prefix (NS) courses must be completed through NAU online
- All international nurses must have a current, active, unencumbered RN license from any state within the United States and an international professional evaluation of their prior education credentials
Not authorized for residents of Tennessee.
In 1941, National American University (NAU) opened in South Dakota in order to serve students desiring “specialized business training.” Realizing a need for a larger facility to serve the increased demand for business programs for returning veterans at the end of the Korean War, the University continued growing. In recent years, NAU expanded again with its formation of online courses in 1996.
National American University, a for-profit university, offers online diplomas, associate’s, bachelor’s, and master’s degrees. In addition, the University partners with other institutions in the associate's to bachelor’s degree completion program to ensure that once students complete an associate’s degree, NAU will facilitate the earning of their bachelor’s degree.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.