The online AA in Secondary Education degree program from Montgomery County Community College allows students to earn transferable credits toward a teaching degree and a gratifying career as a middle or high school teacher. Graduates are prepared to:
- Integrate the roles, responsibilities, and characteristics of successful teachers into a personal educational philosophy
- Apply instructional strategies that effectively integrate technology use in the classroom
- Determine the challenges that students from diverse communities and families may face and the teacher's role in supporting all students in the classroom
- Differentiate instruction for students that have special learning, physical, or language differences
This degree program requires 61-63 credits for completion.
- Official high school transcript or GED diploma
- Official college transcript (if applicable)
- Placement test(s) may be required
- Background checks are required for students to participate in certain education courses and to observe classrooms, tutor students, etc.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education