A certificate in Human Services can prepare you for entry-level work in this field. The program is designed for both new students and those already working in Human Services positions.
Students will gain the knowledge and skills needed to work directly with clients in Human Services agencies and programs. Classes discuss the psychological and sociological theories behind intervention techniques. Graduates will understand human behavior across all age groups and be able to apply the appropriate skills required for the Human Services industry.
Topics discussed in classes include:
- Theories of counseling
- Assessment and documentation in human services
- Volunteer administration
- Psychology and sociology
- Social policy and ethics in human services
- High school transcript or GED diploma
- College transcripts, if applicable
- Placement test may be required
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education