The online Master of Science in Health Informatics teaches a mix of both IT and clinical skills to prepare students for health information jobs. Students have the opportunity to contribute information management expertise in healthcare settings through jobs such as cancer registrars, health information technicians, and medical coders. Courses include Foundation in Management Information Systems, Introduction to Health Informatics, E-Medicine Business Models, and Research Methods and Procedures.
- Meet all general requirements for admission to the graduate school of Mississippi College
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in one of the health care sciences from an accredited college or university, or hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Have a working knowledge of information systems theory and design and a minimum of 2 years work experience in a healthcare or information management setting
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Successful achievement on a nationally recognized qualifying exam such as the GRE during the first term enrolled
School Accreditation Statement
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges