The online Doctorate in Occupational Therapy is focused on academic growth in clinical practice areas of occupation therapy, promoting intellectual discourse through both program content and format. The curriculum is designed to provide occupational therapists with advanced clinical, practice management, teaching, and administrative skills through a program that emphasizes the integration of theory and practice, professional and clinical skills, critical self-assessment, clinical reasoning and decision-making skills, advocacy, and health policy. The program is designed to enhance the knowledge and skills practitioners bring from clinical practice and life experiences.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Occupational Therapy or a BS in OT and an MS in another field
- Minimum of 1 year practicing as a licensed Occupational Therapist
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 in prior studies
- Statement of purpose
- Current resume
- Official transcripts
- Copy of NBCOT certification
- Copy of current state license/certification in a US jurisdiction
- Three letters of recommendation
- A combination delivery model of face-to-face and distance learning is used. Classes meet on campus one weekend day at the beginning and end of each semester.
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education