Graduate Certificate in Nursing Administration & Organizational Systems Leadership
Minnesota State University-Moorhead
The online Certificate in Nursing Administration & Organizational Systems Leadership program from Minnesota State University Moorhead trains early career and current nurse leaders in the areas of nursing and healthcare leadership. The curriculum emphasizes the key areas of leadership essential to successfully navigating complex healthcare systems while in a leadership role, preparing graduates to:
- Incorporate theoretical contributions and scientific knowledge of the discipline into nursing practice, nursing administration, and nursing leadership
- Collaborate in scholarly activities of inquiry related to nursing practice, nursing administration, and nursing leadership
- Contribute to the improvement of health policy, delivery of health services, and the financing of health care
- Demonstrate competency in the specialized role of nurse administrator and/or leader within the context of independent and collaborative nursing practice
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- BS or BA in Nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited university
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or at least 3.25 for the last 30 semester credits
- Documentation of current unencumbered RN license in the U.S.
- Three recommendations
Non-resident students should inquire prior to enrollment to determine if MSUM is legally authorized to provide the program in your state.
Moorhead became the site for a new normal school in Northwestern Minnesota after State Senator Solomon Comstock introduced a bill to the Minnesota State Legislature in 1885, declaring "…it would be a fine thing for the Red River Country and especially for Moorhead." In 1921, the need for high school teachers led the state legislature to authorize to award bachelor’s degrees, renaming the school Moorhead State Teachers College. The school changed its name to Minnesota State University Moorhead in 2000.
Minnesota State University Moorhead offers a variety online learning programs and degrees. Online opportunities include degrees that are fully online or hybrid – a model of of online instruction that combines face-to-face meetings with online activities. Online learning opportunities at Moorhead provide the same high-quality, positive learning experience as in a traditional classroom setting. Students earn the same respected degree and learn from the same expert faculty as on-campus students.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.