Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner
Minnesota State University-Mankato
The online MSN / Family Nurse Practitioner degree program from Minnesota State University-Mankato provides students with a family-focused curriculum and simulation experiences to help them learn how to provide the best care possible to individuals, their families, and the community. Graduates of the program are able to:
- Take health histories and perform physical exams
- Assess, treat, and evaluate common illnesses such as upper respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, and minor injuries
- Prescribe and manage medications for acute and stabilized chronic conditions
- Promote positive health behaviors through education and counseling
- Provide prenatal care, family planning services, and the management of normal pregnancies
- Provide health screening and disease prevention services such as blood pressure screening, nutrition counseling, immunizations, and cancer screening
- Identify health needs that may require referral for more specialized care
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Must be a registered nurse with a BSN degree.
Founded in 1868 as Mankato Normal School, the school became Mankato State Teachers College in 1921, Mankato State College in 1957 and Mankato State University in 1975. In 1998, it took the name that stands today—Minnesota State University, Mankato. The first graduates earned one- or two-year degrees to become teachers, but the university has been granting four-year degrees in a growing number of disciplines since 1927. The first master’s degrees were awarded in 1954, and the first doctorate was conferred in 2009.
Minnesota State University Mankato offers online bachelor completion, graduate degrees and certificate programs in a variety of disciplines.
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.