Master of Science in Nursing / Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Midwestern State University
The online MSN / Family Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner degree program from Midwestern State University provides students with an understanding of the assessment, pharmacological treatments, and therapy for a wide spectrum of patients, from children to adolescents to adults and older adults. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Nursing theory
- Pathological processes
- Mental disorders
- Psychiatric mental health
Degree Level: Master
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- An earned baccalaureate degree in nursing from a Department of Education recognized accrediting body of nursing programs
- Current RN license to practice in any compact state and/or any other state relevant to student’s clinical experience
- A GPA of at least 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work exclusive of credit hours awarded by a two-year college
- GRE or GRE ScoreItNow official test scores
- Basic undergraduate statistics course (3 semester hours)
- Interview with Program Coordinator and/or graduate faculty
- Evidence of basic physical assessment content in undergraduate program or completion of approved physical assessment, continuing education course. Students may be required to demonstrate competence in physical assessment skills if most recent content exposure and/or clinical experience occurred more than 3 years prior to admission.
Midwestern State University offers online bachelor’s, masters, and post-graduate programs. Students can complete online nursing and health science degrees, or choose from a number of other fields, such as business, criminal justice, education, and human resources.
Founded in 1922, the University commits to providing liberal arts studies ranging from associate’s to graduate programs. Core values include excellence in education, intellectual curiosity, respect, stewardship and service, and more.
Programs are housed within seven schools.
- College of Science & Math
- Dillard College of Business Administration
- Lamar D Fain College of Fine Arts
- Gunn College of Health Sciences & Human Services
- Prothro Yeager College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- West College of Education
- McAda Graduate School
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.