Post-Masters Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Midwestern State University
The Post-Master’s Certificate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner program from Midwestern State University prepares students for specialized careers as mental healthcare providers for families and individuals. The program combines assessment, pharmacological treatments, and therapy for patients across the lifespan; that is, children, adolescents, adults, and older adults. Coursework covers topics such as:
- Pathological processes
- Mental disorders
- Psychiatric mental health
Degree Level: Certificate
Delivery Format: 100% Online
Accelerated Degree: No
Accreditation & Licensing
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
Only admits students in the Fall semester.
- Hold a BSN degree from a nationally accredited program
- Have a current RN license to practice in the State of Texas and your state of residence
- Have a GPA of at least 3.0 on the last 60 hours of undergraduate work, exclusive of credit hours awarded by a two-year college
- Complete the ApplyTexas application (fee required)
- Official transcripts from all colleges or universities attended
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores
- Complete the online Wilson School of Nursing MSN Application including the essay section
- Personal interview
- Dependent on previous nursing experience
May require prior authorization or permission from the student’s state of residence before admission to the program.
Midwestern State University offers online bachelor’s, masters, and post-graduate programs. Students can complete online nursing and health science degrees, or choose from a number of other fields, such as business, criminal justice, education, and human resources.
Founded in 1922, the University commits to providing liberal arts studies ranging from associate’s to graduate programs. Core values include excellence in education, intellectual curiosity, respect, stewardship and service, and more.
Programs are housed within seven schools.
- College of Science & Math
- Dillard College of Business Administration
- Lamar D Fain College of Fine Arts
- Gunn College of Health Sciences & Human Services
- Prothro Yeager College of Humanities & Social Sciences
- West College of Education
- McAda Graduate School
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.