Program Overview

Mid Michigan Community College is currently offering an Associate of Arts in criminal justice program with a Law Enforcement concentration.  This is a transfer degree and has been created specifically for students who are looking to transfer into a criminal justice bachelor's program. The curriculum is designed with maximum transferability and should cover the first two years of most four-year criminal justice programs.  Students can expect to receive a beginning education in the nature of crime, law and criminal justice.  Online classes will cover how courts and corrections operate. This degree is ideal for individuals who are looking to pursue a career in law enforcement. Students will learn how police management works and study theories of crime causation. This degree can also be useful for students who are looking to pursue a career in private security.

The curriculum for this program consists of 62 credits of lower level classes. Students will complete a collection of general education classes that cover topics like Communications, Social Science, Fine Arts and Technology. These classes not only give students a well-rounded educational foundation, but are the most common general education classes required by bachelor’s degrees.  Students will complete core criminal justice elective classes that will prepare the students for future law enforcement study, consisting of 8 credit hours. This program is offered in a hybrid format; 80 percent of classes will be available in an online, while the remaining 20 percent of classes will be held on the Mid Michigan Community College campus, located in Harrison, MI.

Similar Programs:

    Program Details

    Degree Level: Associate

    Delivery Format: Hybrid

    Accelerated Degree:

    Accreditation & Licensing

    North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission

    Restrictions

    Some classes take place in Harrison, MI.

    School Overview

    Mid Michigan Community College is a two-year public school with three campuses located in Michigan since 1965. MMCC prides itself on “making a college degree both affordable and attainable,” and Mid Michigan Community College states its mission “to provide educational and community leadership for the development of human ability.”

    MMCC offers certificates and associate’s degrees in more than 50 academic programs. Transfer programs are designed for students planning to pursue baccalaureate degrees at four-year institutions. Career programs provide students with the necessary skills and related knowledge to qualify for future positions in different industries. Courses are offered in several formats, including face-to-face traditional classroom courses, courses offered completely online, and hybrid courses (a combination of both).

    Affordability

    This program has not been ranked.

    Reviews

    Success! Thank you for submitting a review. You may not see your review immediately as it still subject to review.

    All Programs