Bachelor of Science in Family Studies
Mid-Atlantic Christian University offers students of faith the option of acquiring degrees through an online format, creating a flexible and useful opportunity to earn an advanced education. Within the School of Undergraduate Studies, the opportunity for students to earn a Bachelor of Science in Family Studies exists as an online degree option.
The Family Studies degree introduces students to core courses while providing a perspective of preventive approaches when handling a family structure. The needed skills and knowledge to best contribute to a healthy family system are strong communication skills, knowledge of human development, decision-making skills, positive self-esteem, and healthy interpersonal relationships. This bachelor's degree program will strive to enhance a student’s understandings of these core concepts in addition to laying the foundation for further educational aspirations.
Students who wish to enter the family life education profession may use the foundation provided from the bachelor's degree to consider societal issues including economics, education, work-family issues, parenting, sexuality, gender, and others when analyzing a family system. With advanced understanding of functioning healthy families, more precise solutions may be derived to prevent or minimize underlying issues.
Graduates may have the potential to be able to contribute a solid foundation and exceptional understanding of the delicate blend of family functions while following Christian values. Not only will graduates earn a degree, they will also meet the standards and criteria required for the Certified Family Life Educator (Provisional) designation by the National Council on Family Relations (NCFR).
Degree Level:Bachelor Completion
Delivery Format:100% Online
- Completion of an Associate degree from an accredited college/post-secondary institution.
Students without an Associate degree must:
- Be at least 23 years of age or five years full-time professional work experience post high school, and
- Have completed at least 60 transferrable semester credit hours from an accredited college/post-secondary institution, military service, credit by examination, or credit by demonstrated competency [of the 60 hours at least 40 hours must be from an accredited institution of higher education].
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better on all prior academic work.
- Document basic computer proficiency.
Accreditation & Licensing
Association for Biblical Higher Education, Commission on Accreditation
Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges
This program has not been ranked.
Be the first to write a review. Click the link below.