In 1915, the Kansas City community was asking for local higher education opportunities. In response to the growing need, the Kansas City school board approved the post-secondary education experiment called, the Kansas City Polytechnic Institute. In the beginning, the school included a junior college, a teacher training school, a high school, a mechanic arts school, a trade school, and a business training school. A nurse training school was quickly added. As Kansas City expanded into the suburbs in the 1960s, so did MCC, opening new campuses all over the area. In 2005, all five campuses joined together to become one Metropolitan Community College.
MCC offers technical and short-term certificates, as well as associate's degrees, which allow students to transfer credits to a four-year institution to continue their education. Transfer degrees are available in completely online formats.
Accreditation & Licensing
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission