The goal of the online master’s degree in Counseling from Medaille College is to give students an understanding of advanced principles of mental health counseling. Students will gain research-based knowledge in group and individual counseling as well as learning techniques for testing and diagnosis.
Classes will discuss relevant professional and ethical issues for mental health counselors. The program includes three semesters of internship and practicum experience. Completion of this program as well as other requirements prepares graduates to sit for licensure in New York state.
Graduates can pursue professions such as:
- Mental health clinic counselor
- Drug and alcohol program clinician
- Hospital/psychiatric center therapist
- College and university counselor
- Private practice therapist
% OnlineMostly Online
School Accreditation & Licensing
Medaille College is accredited by:
Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
Program Requirements & Restrictions
Minimum EducationBachelor Degree
Official College Transcript(s)
- Online students are expected to visit the campus five days (once a year) to complete part of the coursework