Students with a master’s degree related to counseling who want to pursue mental health counseling licensure can pursue the advanced certificate in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Medaille College. This online graduate counseling program satisfies New York state’s requirements for licensure and qualifies students to sit for the New York state licensure exam in Mental Health Counseling. The curriculum includes a core class in helping relationships and two internship experiences.
Alumni of the program have gone on to pursue careers as mental health clinic counselors, drug and alcohol program clinicians, hospital and psychiatric center therapists, college and university counselors, private practice therapists, and more.
- Applicants must possess at least a 48-hour master's degree in counseling
- Maximum credit hours needed: 18 to enter the program
- Syllabi from the core courses to be transferred
- Resume or curriculum vitae
- Professional goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
School Accreditation Statement
Middle States Commission on Higher Education